2013 AIFL Israel Day at the NYSE
AIFL Panel: Dan Senor,Ed Koch, Dan Gillerman
Johnson County Central students exchange with Israelis
Johnson County Central Public Schools will host ten students and one adult chaperone from Ra’anana, Israel as part of a student exchange. The students will arrive in Omaha on Thursday, Oct. 24, and transport to Tecumseh where they will meet up with host families. The Israeli students will stay with their host families for one week. During that time they will experience life in Nebraska.
The visitation is part of a program sponsored by the America-Israel Friendship League. Five school districts from the United States are chosen annually, along with five communities in Israel. Communities are matched up and students experience life in the “sister community.” JCC's sister community is Ra’anana, which is located just north of Tel Aviv.
Highlighted activities for the Israeli students include:
* Attend a high school football game in Tecumseh on Thursday, Oct. 24.
* Spend a day in Lincoln with their JCC host students on Friday, Oct. 25. They will tour the Capitol Building and Memorial Stadium. Lt. Gov. Lavon Heidemann will meet and visit with all of the students at 10 a.m. in Room 2314 of the State Capitol Building.
* The students will spend time with their host families over the weekend, with many of the families planning on a Sunday excursion to the Henry Doorly Zoo.
* The Israeli students will make several presentations on life in Israel to Johnson County Central students and staff members on Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 28 and 29.
* Attend a high school volleyball game in Tecumseh on Tuesday, Oct. 29.
* Nebraska Secretary of State Jon Bruning will be in Tecumseh to visit with the students on Wednesday, Oct. 30 at 1 p.m. Bruning has participated in the AIFL’s Secretaries of State delegation in the past.
The Israeli students and four Johnson County Central students (and one adult chaperone) will travel with each other to Washington DC. The students will spend a week together with the other four matched delegations in Washington DC, Philadelphia and New York City.
The American students will then fly to Israel. They will spend a week touring the country, then spend a week living with families in their matched communities. JCC students will spend a week in Ra’anana, experiencing life there and attending school.
AIFL to honor Sheldon G. Adelson, Dr. Miriam Adelson, Ishay Davidi
America-Israel Friendship League to honor
Sheldon G. Adelson, Dr. Miriam Adelson, and Ishay Davidi Monday, October 21 in New York City
New York, NY (September 23, 2013) - The America-Israel Friendship League 2013 Partners for Democracy Awards Dinner will be held on Monday, October 21, 2013 at The Plaza Hotel in New York City it was announced by Kenneth J. Bialkin, Chairman of the Board of AIFL.
Mr. Bialkin added, "We are honored that our honorees are Sheldon G. Adelson and Dr. Miriam Adelson from Las Vegas, and Ishay Davidi, from Israel. Our three honorees are widely respected for their philanthropic activities in both the United States and Israel. "
Sheldon Adelson is Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Las Vegas Sands Corp. Mr. Adelson is a passionate defender of Israel and helps fund many pro-Israel causes including Birthright Israel.
Dr. Miriam Adelson is a leading physician and expert in drug addiction. She is the founder of the Dr. Miriam and Sheldon G. Adelson Clinic for Drug Abuse Treatment and Research in Las Vegas, NV and Israel.
Ishay Davidi is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of FIMI Opportunity Funds which is Israel's largest private equity investment firm. Mr. Davidi has been a long-time supporter of various medical institutions and organizations focused on children in need.
Ambassador Dan Gillerman, who is the Chairman of the Israel Board of the AIFL, will chair the dinner. Natan Sharansky, chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel, and Prof. Elie Wiesel, will participate in the program, which will include a special video message from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
AIFL 2013 Partners for Democracy Awards Dinner
Date: Monday, October 21, 2013
Where: The Plaza Hotel in New York, NY
To attend this dinner as a member of the press please contact Harris Vederman at
# # #
The AIFL has been making friends for Israel since 1971.
Learn more at our website, AIFL.org