Youth Ambassadors Arrive in Israel
Israeli teenagers visit, bond with Tecumseh students
AIFL Launches the 2013 Youth Ambassador Student Exchange (YASE) Program
The AIFL welcomes our 2013 Israeli Youth ambassador Delegations s who are participating in this year’s program from October 24th to November 21st, 2013. This year’s program has expanded to include five American and five Israeli cities/school districts each represented by 10 youth ambassadors.
The students arrived to US yesterday Thursday, October 24th and traveled to the following American cities and school districts to begin their home hospitality experience:
- Houston Independent School District (TX): Bellaire and Lamar High Schools
- Johnson County Central Public Schools (Tecumseh,NE), Johnson County Central High School
- Bethany Public Schools (OK): Bethany High School
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VA): Tallwood High School
- New York City Public Schools (NYC): Curtis (SI) and Herbert H. Lehman High Schools (Bx)
They will be joined by their American counterparts in Washington, DC and New York from Thursday, November 31st to partcipate in workshops, seminars and site visits promoting tolerance, diversity and respect for other cultures while developing their leadership skills. The group will then travel to Israel on Wednesday, November 6th where American youth ambassadors will embark on a symbiotic experience there.
The outline for this year’s program is as follows: